Over the next few weeks, I am going to be assigning names to the supporting cast that will back up some familiar faces. I want you to have the chance to have your name used for some of these characters.
If you want to have a character named after you, leave a comment on this blog or on my author page on Facebook explaining why you deserve to have your name chosen. Also please indicate which of the following characters (subject to change) you would like your name to be attached to:
- A South African mercenary hired by Geldof to carry out a stupidly dangerous mission;
- A member of a resistance commune living in an abandoned torpedo station in Scotland, where they learn combat yoga and meditate to resist the imperatives of the virus;
- A UN delegate involved in long-winded efforts to decide exactly what to do about the UK, particularly which types of large, deadly bombs to drop on it;
- A member of the UK government/military charged with developing a way to deliver the virus to the rest of the world by intercontinental missile;
- A random sentient ‘zombie’ in the pub or football ground.
I will post the names and pitches of the winners up here once they are decided. The competition closes on March 17.
I will be predisposed to funny answers.